Richard George & Jenkins can assist whether you are starting a business and looking for legal advice, or looking for assistance with litigation, or planning to buy or sell a business. We offer advice and practical commercial legal solutions to individuals, small businesses and SMEs in matters such as:
- Business structures: establishing a new business enterprise or restructuring an existing business, including partnership, joint venture, company, trust or franchise.
- Business contracts: the preparation or review of all types of legal contracts including: purchase or sale of a business, franchises, supply, service, distribution, partnership or commercial agreements/contracts.
- Commercial disputes and litigation: including dispute resolution and business litigation covering a wide range of problems such as breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, copyright and trademark infringement, partnership disputes and corporations law.
- Corporations law: assistance with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance and documenting company administrations.
- Copyright, trademarks and patents: managing and enforcing intellectual property rights, including litigation where needed, plus the registration of designs, patents and trademarks.
- Property and leasing: retail and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants plus the sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Employment matters: employment contracts, settlement agreements, disputes, unfair dismissals, occupational health and safety issues.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency: recovering money owed to you from the point of an initial Letter of Demand through to Court actions.
- Taxation and finance: drafting and reviewing commercial mortgages, guarantees, charges and other securities documentation as well as advice in regard to specific taxes.
- Business succession and asset protection: assistance in devising a plan that protects your assets through unit, discretionary and family trusts, Wills and/or Powers of Attorney.
Licensing: Advice, Assistance and Representations in Relation to Licensing Applications for Business Premises
Our fees are based on hourly rates. Our hourly rate ranges from £165.00 to £250.00, plus vat, depending on the fee earner undertaking the work
For straightforward cases, where no objections/representations are received or where they can be dealt with easily by agreement our fees will range from between £500 to £1,500, plus VAT, depending on the complexity of the application.
Applications which receive objections/representations that require a formal hearing, which require further work, will require a revised estimate, which will be provided via our client care letter.
Licensing fees – The fee depends on the non-domestic rateable value of the store, ranging from £100 to £635, and this is exempt from VAT.
Advertising fees – The fee will vary from between £150 to £600, plus VAT.
- Taking instructions
- Preparing the application
- Serving the application on the responsible authorities
- Arranging for the application to be displayed on site
- Arranging for the application to be advertised in the local press
- Notifying you of any objections and taking your instructions
- Notifying the Local Authority of agreements reached with regard to objections
- Notifying you of the grant of the licence or otherwise
Contact us to arrange a consultation with an experienced solicitor.