If you’ve been mistreated at work, it’s hard to know how to proceed. You need your job, of course, but you don’t need the stress of being treated badly. It’s common to think that if you do anything about it your situation may only get worse.
Our employment solicitors can help
If you need to take a stand against an employer, you don’t need to do it alone. One of our employment solicitors will fight for your rights, and for the others in your workplace who also need protection against unfair practices and discrimination. There are time limits though, so don’t delay in getting legal advice.
Types of cases we handle
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment. Are you working in an environment where unwanted touching or offensive jokes and comments are seen as normal? Is a boss or colleague making unwanted sexual advances? Are you being humiliated in front of colleagues? You deserve to work in an environment free of harassment and bullying. The law insists that employers hear any complaints and take the right steps to stop the harassment. If they don’t then our experienced employment solicitors can help you hold them accountable.
- Unfair or wrongful dismissal. If there was nothing wrong with your job performance but you were fired, you may have an unfair dismissal case. You cannot be dismissed for things such as being pregnant, being part-time, being in a trade union, insisting that you earn the national minimum wage, or protecting yourself from serious and imminent danger.
- Constructive Dismissal. If you’re planning to leave your job because of your employer’s behaviour, then call us first. You may have a case for constructive dismissal, but you need to go about it in the right way.
- Discrimination at work. Employers are prohibited from discriminating unfairly against you when making decisions about hiring, promoting, demoting, firing, training, providing benefits and more. For example, you cannot be harassed in relation to your sex or gender, race or nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. There’s a number of legal options available if you act quickly. One of our employment solicitors will review your situation and advise if you can make a claim.
- Settlement Agreements or Compromise Agreements. If you’ve been offered a settlement or compromise agreement, then we can make sure that it protects your rights.
- Transfer of Undertakings. If the business you work for has been sold or merged, your employment contract could be protected under TUPE Legislation.
Why choose one of our employment solicitors?
Free consultation. We offer a free half hour phone consultation with one of our experienced employment solicitors to review the overall circumstances of your complaint and see if you have a case.
No win no fee. If you don’t win then we don’t get paid.
We’ll vigorously defend your rights. We’re passionate about justice for workers and keeping employers accountable for their actions.
We’re experienced. We’ve dealt successfully with all kinds of employment claims. Our intent is to have our clients get through bad employment experiences and be able to confidently get on with their work lives.
Employment Tribunal Claims for Unfair Dismissal or Wrongful Dismissal
Our fees for dealing with the above matters are based on our hourly rate. The hourly rate will depend on the fee earner undertaking your work and will range from £165.00 to £250.00, plus VAT, per hour.
The cost of a straightforward case is likely to be in the region of between £2,500 and £7,500, plus VAT.
The cost of a more complex case is likely to be in the region of between £7,500 and £12,500, plus VAT.
The cost of a highly complex case would be greater than £12,500, plus VAT. If your case fell into this category, you would be advised as to the potential costs at the outset. If it became clear that the initial estimate was to be surpassed, an up to date estimate would be provided to you.
If a Barrister, an expert, or medical evidence is required, the cost of obtaining these services will be provided to you in our Client Care Letter, or discussed with you prior to the service being obtained.
Includes all services in relation to dealing with Employment Tribunal Claims for Unfair Dismissal or Wrongful Dismissal
Contact us to get started with your free consultation.